SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager
Participants will develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). Attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform the PO and PM role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Participants will explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Participants will also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Refine Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications is recommended.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
Saturdays, November 07 and 14, 2020
In-Class, Instructor Led Training